This is an analysis of the poem Archaic Fragment that begins with:
I was trying to love matter.
I taped a sign over the mirror: ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aab ca bX XX XX cX XXca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,2,2,2,2,2,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100110 110110010 110110111 010100111 0111111000010010 110 1111 110110011 111101110 10101 111101 1 101111 101 11 01010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 57
- Average number of words per stanza: 10
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Archaic Fragment;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.