This is an analysis of the poem April that begins with:
No one's despair is like my despair--
You have no place in this garden...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bXbcda aefdceggXfcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,6,12,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110101101 11110010 1011010 010010101 10010101010 01010010011 1101 110111 01101010 111101 1010100110 1010101 111100011110 11111101 100100 0110111111 011111 101101 01100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 196
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of April;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.