This is an analysis of the poem A Fantasy that begins with:
I'll tell you something: every day
people are dying. And that's just the beginning....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXX XbdceX fegddXb ageXXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,6,7,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101001 101101110010 10010100111011 1101101110 1000101011 11001010100 1011110010 01011011110 101011111 1001101 10100101 110110111001 1010010100 01011011010 110110010 0110101010 11100101000 1010110 0011100101 11001001010 10010011011 000100100101 01011011010 1111010011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 252
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, her, to, she, them are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines her is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Fantasy;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.