This is an analysis of the poem Juan's Song that begins with:
When beauty breaks and falls asunder
I feel no grief for it, but wonder....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccaaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110111010 111110110 111011110 111100110 11010111 10111111 110101110 110111110 10110101 100111100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 359
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Juan's Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.