This is an analysis of the poem Soap Suds that begins with:
This brand of soap has the same smell as once in the big
House he visited when he was eight: the walls of the bathroom open...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabc bdde adXaXaedc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0101101111001 11100111101001110 0010110110111101 0110100101001001 1100101101000101 1110110011001 0111001011001 0101001000110101 0111101010101 1011111010101 11011100111101 1101011110111 111110110101 10111111110111 101011010111001 10010111101001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 249
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 61 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 13
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, and, then are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, a are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Soap Suds;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.