This is an analysis of the poem Football that begins with:
I take the snap from the center, fake to the right, fade back...
I've got protection. I've got a receiver open downfield......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXXbccbcaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010010100111 110101100101010 1010000001100101 1101001000111001 11101011101101 1101100011101010011 1011011101011011 11110111100111 101001111101011 1010011010010011 10010011110010100 110110000110110 010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 759
- Average number of words per stanza: 142
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 57 (very long strings)
- Average number of words per line: 11
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Football;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.