This is an analysis of the poem Un Soir À Bord that begins with:
O soir charmant ! La nuit aux voix mystérieuses
Nous caressait tous trois de ses molles clartés ;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXaX XXXX aXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101111100 11001101101 1110011110 01111111001 0101000111110 10001110110 110010111010 1101101010 100111011011 110011110100 11001011111 111011010 1111011101100 1101011110 111110010001 100101100111 1111110 11011111011 1110101010 1111111111 11100111101 101101101100 1101111111 110111110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 192
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; le, nous, vous, de are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Un Soir À Bord;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.