This is an analysis of the poem À Propos D'Un Saint Homme Et D'Un Saint Journal that begins with:
C'est un cuistre dévot au regard torve et louche,
Qui, dans un lourd pamphlet d'où suinte le dégoût,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX aXXX XXX XaXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1111101111 1111101101 1111111010 100100100110 110110110111 0110001011101 110110010111 1110111101 111011110 1101110110 101101111 101010011 11011111101 010110101110 1
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 168
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; un, sans are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines t is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of À Propos D'Un Saint Homme Et D'Un Saint Journal;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.