This is an analysis of the poem Épilogue. À Mes Sonnets that begins with:
Pauvres petits oiseaux que le caprice enlève
Aux paisibles abris de vos taillis secrets,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXX XXXa XXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 10101010011 110010011010 110100101100 1101111101 101010111010 110101110111 1111101111 11101111001 10101111100 101010110100 11010110010 11001111110 110111111111 111110110001 1
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Épilogue. À Mes Sonnets;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.