This is an analysis of the poem Octobre that begins with:
Les feuilles des bois sont rouges et jaunes ;
La forêt commence à se dégarnir ;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11011110110 11011110 1111110110 0011001101 10101111110 11111011110 1111011101 1111010100 10110101100 111011100 1111010110 1011011100 11011111000 1011110111 1
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; les is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Octobre;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.