This is an analysis of the poem Montebello that begins with:
Pittoresque manoir, retraite hospitalière
Où Papineau vaincu coula ses derniers jours,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010101000 110110101101 1011111011 1010110101 11011011100 1101110010 11011001101 10011010100 111110101110 11011011100 1110101111 11011011100 1101110010 11011001101 10011010100 111110101110 11011011100 1110101111 1111011101 01111011111 100101110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; tout is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Montebello;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.