This is an analysis of the poem À M. Le Colonel Damelincourt that begins with:
Vous l'avez donc connu notre pauvre exilé !
À travers les périls de l'océan qui gronde,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa XXXa XXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 11011010110 101101011 110011101001 1010111111 1101001111010 10010111100 101011011010 11111011010 111101111101 101111100110 11111110100 1110001111 011111111110 101110110010 1
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of À M. Le Colonel Damelincourt;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.