This is an analysis of the poem Le Rapide that begins with:
L'eau qui se précipite en énorme volume,
Heurtant l'angle des rocs sur leur base tremblants,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXX XXaX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111101110 1011111110 100111111001 1011111111 11101011111 11111011101 111010101111 101010111110 0101101011010 11011011110 010110101100 11101010110 011100101110 1101101100
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 173
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines vagues is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Le Rapide;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Louis Honoré Fréchette
- Analysis of Le Lac De Beauport
- Analysis of Caughnawaga
- Analysis of Spencer Wood. À Mlles Letellier De Saint-Just.