This is an analysis of the poem À La Mémoire De J.-N. Bienvenu that begins with:
Ta tombe est maintenant morose et solitaire,
Ô Bienvenu, modeste ouvrier du devoir....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXX XXaX XXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 1101100011101 0101010010 111111111010 11111111011 101111101 10010110010 1101011101 111110111111 111011100111 11100111101 11100110010 11101110101 1110011101 11111111011 1
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 159
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; et is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines re is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of À La Mémoire De J.-N. Bienvenu;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.