This is an analysis of the poem À Alfred Garneau that begins with:
Pourquoi chanter, ami, lorsque l'homme n'écoute
Que le son du métal, et qu'il va, délirant,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX aaXa XXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 101010111 10101110110 1111010100 1100101101 11011010110 100110110011 110100111 1001111010 11111111 0101101111 110110110111 111101011111 11011111110 110010110100 1
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of À Alfred Garneau;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.