This is an analysis of the poem The Legion Of Iron that begins with:
They pass through the great iron gates -
Men with eyes gravely discerning,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcacaXXXcdXecf gc cggecXgfbdagfb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,2,14,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101101 10110010 100101001 11110010 1101101010 110010 11111001 10010010010100 01001101 110011010 1011010 110110010 1011010010 001001 111 1101101 1101110001011 10001010 1011001110001 101010 101111010 11011001010 101011000 1010111001001 101101 100010 10010100110 101011 10101 1111010101 010010101010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 371
- Average number of words per stanza: 66
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Legion Of Iron;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.