This is an analysis of the poem Broadway that begins with:
Innumerable ions of light,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXb cacXb dXcXc ebadXdababafee facgXde egaecbcX faXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,5,14,7,8,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 010001101 101000 1011010 11101101 11001011001 1100100010 1100100 10100 11001001 010010010 0101100 11000101 10001101 110101 1010010100 11010 10101 101110 11101 1001001 10010 1001001 010010 10010101 10011011 10110010 00101100 11 0100001 1001101 00110001 1000101 0101010101 1101010101 11011010101 10010001 100110 0101 0101010101 10010 10101 1000010100 11 1001010 11010100 01011101001
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 191
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 47
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The author used the same word light at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines light is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Broadway;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.