This is an analysis of the poem A Holiday that begins with:
Along the pastoral ways I go,
To get the healing of the trees,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababa cXcXc deded
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 010100111 01010001 01010101 01110101 010101 01011111 01010110 110101001 01111100 010101 011010101 10010101 01010111 01010111 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 155
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Holiday;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.