This is an analysis of the poem Things that begins with:
What happened is, we grew lonely
living among the things,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcdbX bebef bXd cfXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,5,3,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001110 100101 1110101 0101 010111 10101001 1101101 11111 111011 11110 01010010 101111011 0100101 01001101 1011011 1010110 1101001 0111 0101 11110010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 134
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Things;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lisel Mueller
- Analysis of Why We Tell Stories
- Analysis of The Laughter Of Women
- Analysis of What The Dog Perhaps Hears