This is an analysis of the poem Another Version that begins with:
Our trees are aspens, but people
mistake them for birches;...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcXbdXXbecdcXaceXbedbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 24,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110110 010110 11011100 00101010101 1001000010 110010101 11010010 1100111 1110100101 1110100101 110100111 100101111 101110110 1110101110 1101101 0101101010 111111 1101101101 01110111 10101011 11101011 011010010 11110011 110011001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 842
- Average number of words per stanza: 158
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Another Version;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lisel Mueller
- Analysis of Blood Oranges
- Analysis of Reading The Brothers Grimm To Jenny
- Analysis of Curriculum Vitae