This is an analysis of the poem Yearning that begins with:
Misted the flowers weep as light dies
Moon of white silk sleeplessly cries....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa aaaa bbcc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100101111 10111001 1101 11001 011101111 0110101101 0101 1011 10011 1111 1111 001001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 114
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Yearning;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of The River-Captain’s Wife – A Letter
- Analysis of Long Yearning (Sent Far)
- Analysis of In Spring