This is an analysis of the poem Through The Yangzi Gorges that begins with:
From the walls of Baidi high in the coloured dawn
To Jiangling by night-fall is three hundred miles, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 001010100101 010111011010 1101110111011 01111101001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 203
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 50 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Through The Yangzi Gorges;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of Summer In The Mountains
- Analysis of A Song Of An Autumn Midnight
- Analysis of The Old Dust