This is an analysis of the poem Song Of The Forge that begins with:
The forge-fire sets a glow in the heavens,
the hammer thunders, showering the smoke with sparks....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aX Xa XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101010010 010101000101 01010011001 10101011110 111 110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 74
- Average number of words per stanza: 13
- Amount of lines: 6
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song Of The Forge;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.