This is an analysis of the poem Old Poem that begins with:
Did Chuang Chou dream he was the butterfly?
Or the butterfly dream he was Chuang Chou?...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaaaaXbXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111110101 1010111111 0010101010 10100010010 1100110101 1010101 1111111 0100111011 0000101110 100101010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 383
- Average number of words per stanza: 73
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Old Poem;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.