This is an analysis of the poem Mêng Hao-Jan that begins with:
True-Taoist, good friend Mêng,
Your madness known to one and all,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110011 11010111 11111110 1110111 111111010 010101001 11010111 11010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 280
- Average number of words per stanza: 54
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mêng Hao-Jan;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of Resentment Near The Jade Stairs
- Analysis of Remembering The Springs At Ch’ih-Chou
- Analysis of Wine