This is an analysis of the poem Looking For A Monk And Not Finding Him that begins with:
I took a small path leading
up a hill valley, finding there...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcdXeXabbfdffXXcXbbbe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 23,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101110 10110101 0100110 011010 011101 0010011 1111011 101010 11011010 1010110 0110011 100111 1011001 101011 0111011 0111100 010100 01100100 01010010 10100101 1101001 1011111 0010011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 644
- Average number of words per stanza: 130
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Looking For A Monk And Not Finding Him;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of Song Of The Forge
- Analysis of Parting At A Wine-Shop In Nan-King
- Analysis of To Tan-Ch'Iu