This is an analysis of the poem A Farewell To Secretary Shuyun At The Xietiao Villa In Xuanzhou that begins with:
Since yesterday had to throw me and bolt,
Today has hurt my heart even more....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXabbXabXbXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1101101111 011111101 010111011101 111000101011 0101101110001010 1110101101111 1110100101 0100011011 1110111110011 11001111001 101101110110 1010110111100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 598
- Average number of words per stanza: 117
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 49 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Farewell To Secretary Shuyun At The Xietiao Villa In Xuanzhou;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Li Po
- Analysis of Resentment Near The Jade Stairs
- Analysis of On Climbing In Nan-King To The Terrace Of Phoenixes
- Analysis of On Kusu Terrace