This is an analysis of the poem The Fairy Queen Sleeping. By Stothard that begins with:
She lay upon a bank, the favourite haunt
Of the spring wind in its first sunshine hour,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXdcee ffggaahhggaaccddiiccjjeXccffkkggflggmm nnaaflbbgg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,38,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101001 000110011110 100100110101 1011011100 1111010001 0101010011 1001011001 011111 11010111 1010111 1011110 10011111 1110111 1110101 1011111 1011101 10100011 1000101 1011111 10011101 1000111 1010101 1010111 10000101 11110111 1111101 1111111 11101001 1111101 00101011 1011101 11100100 1000111 1110001 10011001 1010100 1011101 0111101 1010101 1011101 1110111 0110100 1010111 1110101 1110101 1110101 1111101 11010101 1010101 1010101 0011011 1011100 10101010 10101110 1011110 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 604
- Average number of words per stanza: 110
- Amount of lines: 57
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; her is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Fairy Queen Sleeping. By Stothard;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.