This is an analysis of the poem Secrets that begins with:
LIFE has dark secrets; and the hearts are few
That treasure not some sorrow from the world-- ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXbXaXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111010111 1101110001 0101010101 1100010001 11010101001 0111010101 1110010001 1101010011 0101110100 0101010
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 412
- Average number of words per stanza: 72
- Amount of lines: 10
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Secrets;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.