This is an analysis of the poem Children that begins with:
A word will fill the little heart
With pleasure and with pride;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb Xcac ddXd Xeee XfXf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01010101 010101 00010101 111001 111101010 110101 11010101 101101 11110011 110101 11010101 1101001 11011100 111101 11010111 011101 11011101 1101001 01010011 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; how, we, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words how, we are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Children;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.