This is an analysis of the poem Memnon that begins with:
When I was a burst of thunder
Born on the Nubian cliffs, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXcXdbdbccacacdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101010 1101001 10111010 10101001 1100101 10101001 10111110 1110101 111110110 1011001 101101 111101 01011110 011101 1111010 110101 1100101 0100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 616
- Average number of words per stanza: 109
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Memnon;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.