This is an analysis of the poem What Were The Good Of Stars If None Looked On Them that begins with:
What were the good of stars if none looked on them
But mariners, astronomers and such! ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10000101110 1100010011 01111101110 1111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 156
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of What Were The Good Of Stars If None Looked On Them;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lesbia Harford
- Analysis of When My Lover Put The Sea Between Us
- Analysis of Why Does She Put Me To Many Indignities
- Analysis of Pat Wasn'T Pat Last Night At All