This is an analysis of the poem This Year I Have Seen Autumn With New Eyes that begins with:
This year I have seen autumn with new eyes,
Glimpsed hitherto undreamt of mysteries ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaabbaXccXbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0111110011 1111100100 00110000111 1111011001 1101111101 1111110101 1001111111 11110011000 1011101101 1101011111 1111011101 1101010101 1001111101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 589
- Average number of words per stanza: 102
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words and, or are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of This Year I Have Seen Autumn With New Eyes;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.