This is an analysis of the poem They Say — Priests Say that begins with:
They say — priests say —
That God loves the world. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXXXbabaaabXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1111 11101 1011 101010 101001 10111 110101 101 1001 11111 110010 1101 1111 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 313
- Average number of words per stanza: 58
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of They Say — Priests Say;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.