This is an analysis of the poem I Went Down To Post A Letter that begins with:
I went down to post a letter
Through the garden, through the garden. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbXabccXdccd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 11101010 10101010 10101010 111 10111010 10101010 101 10101010 11111110 10101110 001 11110010 11101010 111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 399
- Average number of words per stanza: 71
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of I Went Down To Post A Letter;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.