This is an analysis of the poem Inside Ayers Rock that begins with:
Inside Ayers Rock is lit
with paired fluorescent lights...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcXXXbddXcebdfbaXXbXfbXfXeXeX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 30,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110101 011101 1110010010 011011 10101110 1001010100 011101 001010101 01000110 1010011011 10100110010 11010101 10111111 01111101 100100101010 10110100100 101111 011010100 1010110 10101101 1101111000 010100010 010011001 11010111 110110101 01111010 0011011 00101010 1110110 11001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1010
- Average number of words per stanza: 169
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Inside Ayers Rock;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Les Murray
- Analysis of The Dream Of Wearing Shorts Forever
- Analysis of On Home Beaches
- Analysis of Music To Me Is Like Days