This is an analysis of the poem Tower Of Song that begins with:
Well my friends are gone and my hair is grey
I ache in the places where I used to play ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111111101 11001011101 101011101101 0110111001 1001001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 193
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 5
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i'm, my are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Tower Of Song;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.