This is an analysis of the poem Keep The Home-Fires Burning that begins with:
They were summoned from the hill-side, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: a bcXc Xddd a DDEFDDGF a dXXa fbXX aXDDEFDDGF
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,4,4,1,8,1,4,4,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 10100011 1010001 10101010 1010111 11110110 1010101 11111010 1010101 10 1011010 111110 1111101 1101 101010 101110 1011011 10111 1 10111010 1010010 111110010 1011111 11101010 0010111 10101110 0010101 10 1011010 111110 1111101 1101 101010 101110 1011011 10111
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 98
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Keep The Home-Fires Burning;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.