This is an analysis of the poem Yours To Be that begins with:
In my heart where the love for you is kept,
I need not repeatedly visit....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aAXXbaXb CDEXAdXb XaXaCDEXXd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111011101 111010010 110100101 10010110100010101 110100100010 10111011101 10111010101011 00100 111111111 01011 11101011101 011101110101 111010010 1100101010010110 11011010011010101 1101011110100101 10111111011101 10011101010011 10111110110010 101 111111111 01011 11101011101 0110010100111010 1010010110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 275
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i, that are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Yours To Be;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Outside Of Those Kept Standards
- Analysis of Empathy Given To Sympathize Ignorance
- Analysis of I Wanted