This is an analysis of the poem Your Success that begins with:
For a lifetime of promises...
You will be guaranteed aggravation, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcdebaccecdccXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 18,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110100 1001011010 11 01010 10010010001 100 0111001010 010110101 0101101010 00100101 01110100 01110010 111110 1011100 01011100 110100010 0010100 111010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 537
- Average number of words per stanza: 79
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Your Success;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of You Will Remember My Strength
- Analysis of It Only Stalls The Undoing
- Analysis of Leaving Was The Best Thing