This is an analysis of the poem You Stand On The Blind Side Of Your Fence that begins with:
Let's clear the air on this immediately.
I was not born yesterday....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXabbXac ddbeXebX bXf Xc gfE XXXgEe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,3,2,3,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011001000 1111101 10101 011011 110100101 11000101011 1010101 111111001 1110011011010 111 1 111011011 100010011110 11101011101 1101110 010 11110111 1101000111 1011110110100 11111 110100001010 1 01111011111 110101 1 110111 11010 110101 10110100
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 123
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of You Stand On The Blind Side Of Your Fence;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of To Reach Beyond Those Yesterdays
- Analysis of Peacefully Kept Secret
- Analysis of Relax In The Improvisation Of It All