This is an analysis of the poem You Might Find Me A Disappointment that begins with:
You might find me a disappointment.
I'm one who could care less, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbbccXd eXfXdXb AddbXebdXc bAXdfaf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,10,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111101010 011111 0110111 110010 1111100 101010001 01100010 1111 111101 11 100100100 110100010 010010010 101 111101010 110111101 11111111 101011010 10111111101 11101101 010111110 111011101 110111 11111 010 111101010 111010101001000 011001011 1111111 110101001010 1110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 237
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 31
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, my are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of You Might Find Me A Disappointment;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Those Accustomed To Sitting In Darkness
- Analysis of Some Folks Go Out Of Their Way
- Analysis of Never Allowed To Heal!