This is an analysis of the poem You Are The Treasure that begins with:
You are the treasure.
Sparkling and radiant....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXbccddXdddbeeXAceXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010 1001100 0100101111 111101 0101100 0011011101 10010001010 1111011111 100111 0101001001 111011010 011 010101111 1001 111111111 11010 111101001 1110010 101101101011 0101101000100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 664
- Average number of words per stanza: 113
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, you, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of You Are The Treasure;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Suited To Be Tied
- Analysis of Satisfying That Attraction
- Analysis of Where To Go When And What To Kiss