This is an analysis of the poem You Are An Inspiration that begins with:
You want me to create for you a job?
So you can do what? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcccdXaefcXgch eebXcXhXXfdg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1110011101 11111 10101111 1100111101 101110011 10101111010 101 10110100101 111110010 110111 100 0101 1101010010 0100110100 11010111001 101010001 10110101 111111 10111111001 1 1110111010011 1010110011011 011010011110111 1 1101010 1111010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 277
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of You Are An Inspiration;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of The Choices We Make In Dentists
- Analysis of Your Version Of Growing Old Gracefully
- Analysis of Your Poppa's Pooped