This is an analysis of the poem Yes. I Remember that begins with:
After pleading with you,
To come back to me on my knees......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcX deXXXfX Xffe Xcfbaea ghehXXegade
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,7,4,7,11,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101001 01101111 111100110 100111100 11010101 0010001 11000 00101 11110110 110010 101101101 10101010111001 1101 1110101101 10110001101 1101110001 111111 0111 111110111 111110111 010 1001111 010 110111 110111 1 010101011 1 1010 1 10111 11101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 147
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Yes. I Remember;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Raised To Be Independent
- Analysis of Unrequited Love
- Analysis of If I Had Not Moved To Knock