This is an analysis of the poem Without Dreams To Wish that begins with:
Without dreams to wish,
With them hoped to get......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCdd ecfccd dcbXc ABCbXbefb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,6,5,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101 00101 110010 010010001 010101 0111010 10101 11010100 1101010 111110 01101010100 100101001 110010010 01010010001 1101001 1101000100 01101 00101 110010 11110011 01101101010 110001001011 101011010 111111 010111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 194
- Average number of words per stanza: 35
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, this are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Without Dreams To Wish;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of A Hollowness To Fill
- Analysis of It's Difficult To Keep
- Analysis of Who Better Paints The Canvas