This is an analysis of the poem Within Their Reach that begins with:
The one thing about that which few people see,
And within their reach......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaabXb XbaXbXaa X XaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,8,1,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101111101 10111 101010111 1110010101 0011101 010101 11011001 101001010 1010 01 0111101 111101100 110 00110011 1101001000 1101000111001 1 110011110100 10110101001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 149
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Within Their Reach;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Ready For What Comes
- Analysis of Let The Truth Be The Abundance For Your Life
- Analysis of The Jilted One