This is an analysis of the poem With Limping Limbs. And Drooping Leaves that begins with:
Upon its first sighting,
As a possible defect....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbcbdXc aXbecdeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010110 1010001 0010010001010 1110001 001000001 1010001 11110 1110001 10101011010 1110010 11101 0101 101 110010 0001010 000101 0101 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 227
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of With Limping Limbs. And Drooping Leaves;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Awaiting The Hour To Come
- Analysis of Pick Up All Your Stuff
- Analysis of Giving Birth To More Of Your Denials