This is an analysis of the poem With Less Directness that begins with:
They would wish to receive their crisis not so crisp.
With just a bit of honesty......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXb bba cdXdXbbc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111001110111 01010100 11010100 1101000101 1010001 11110101 111 1001111 01110101 1001000010010101 111101 101001 01010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 110
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of With Less Directness;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of 'Noveltilize'
- Analysis of Bolted Deep In It
- Analysis of Unless It Has Never Been Addressed