This is an analysis of the poem With A Push Afoot that begins with:
Stampeded in a heated field,
And crushed by one's beliefs....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCC aDBXcX Xd ABCC aDBD DCDEDCDE ABCC DCDEDCDEXaDBD
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,2,4,4,8,4,13,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01000101 111101 010001101 011101 1 101 1101 10001 0111010 1010100 11010111 1110111 01000101 111101 010001101 011101 1 101 1101 110101 00101 110010 111 1100 00101 110010 111 1100 01000101 111101 010001101 011101 00101 110010 111 1100 00101 110010 111 1100 1 101 1101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 107
- Average number of words per stanza: 17
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of With A Push Afoot;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.